Total Permanent Disability Insurance
Why get Total Permanent Disability Insurance?
Not a pleasant thought to have to face the prospect of being paralyzed or reliant on a wheelchair for mobility. Having insurance for this may just ease the burden. Total Permanent Disability (TPD) pays a lump sum if you are unable to work again due to sickness or injury.
Benefits of TPD
- Pay off mortgage and/or other debts.
- Cover the costs associated with a long-term disability such as full-time care or modifications to the home.
- Cover the shortfall of income from other benefits to assist in maintaining your standard of living.
- Can also be used for business buy outs.
Easyway Insurance is an Australian insurance broking business and an Authorised Representative under Unique Group Broker Services Pty Ltd AFSL 509434. Now that’s been said, we also have 26 years experience in the insurance industry under our belt and understand insurance products and how they can change someone’s life.
Of course it does – a ton of it! But, when it comes to life insurance, the old porkie that goes down well in the pub doesn’t go down well with the Dude called “The Underwriter”. You need to tell the truth. The whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Streuth! The only time life insurance doesn’t pay out is when they find out that you haven’t been fair dinkum with them. You know the drill, it’s all in the fine print in the PDS.
Losing a loved one sucks – I know that from experience, losing both my parents in a car accident when I was a kid. Trust me, your life as a kid or even as an adult, is never the same again. It sucks on an entirely new level when there is no insurance either!
Life insurance is a safety net for your family – sure you may be gone but they are left to pick up the pieces.
You are kidding yeah? We all know that smoking is bad for our health, and sadly it’s a contributor to disease and death in many people. We need to know if you smoke because it increases your risk of death. And as I said earlier, if you don’t tell the truth about it, well, you may not get your pay out.
Absolutely. Just like us, they are bound by a duty of care and have strict guidelines that have to be complied with. Gee this all sounds very formal but in all honesty with the decades of experience that we have, we know how to get the job done, and who to trust to take on the Risk.
There are a couple of reasons why you need to speak to someone on the phone.
- Life insurance is not like car insurance. There are a few more $ at stake here – most policies being around half a million or more. So for that reason, a lot of life insurance companies like to have a recorded conversation to make sure that you are who you say you are should there be any dispute if a claim arises. This can protect both you and the insurer.
- We believe that speaking to a real human being ensures that you are taken care of and that we can answer your questions right away.
When you start a policy with one of our partners, they will give us a few $ for recommending you.
General Advice is where we do not take into consideration any of your financial situation, objectives or needs. We will provide you with a minimum of two quotes for the insurance cover that you request. You will need to consider if the general advice and any relevant product is appropriate for your circumstances. We suggest that you consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) relating to the product before making any decision about whether to acquire the product.